“There are places I remember all my life.. Though some have changed. Some forever not for better. Some have gone and some remain. All these places have their moments, of lovers and friends I still can recall. Some are dead and some are living. In my life I loved them all” (In my life – The Beatles)
I’d say, in my life, I’ve never been to a place full of things I love, I adore, except for England. I somehow felt I belong in England. *insert serious emotional feeling here*
So here’s the thing. I’d like to say things about me that proves how I love England. But that’s just too cliche. So in order to find out why do I have to go to England, I managed to get my friends tell you why. Here are what they said about me and my love to England.
“Her kind of ‘prince charming’ has always been Coldplay’s Chris Martin” -Vendryana
True enough! My high school crushes has always been those Britpop bands like Coldplay and Oasis. And The Beatles too! I’m a huge fan of Coldplay’s Chris Martin, I think I’m the only one who’s happy he and Gwyneth uncoupling. Nyahahaaa :p
“She just recently held her Beatles themed birthday party in a British themed cafe” -Ravi
I got my friends sang me songs by The Beatles, from Yellow Submarine to Pennylane. It was the happiest birthday I have ever had.
“Bintang never bought handphones, nor cameras, etc. She seldom splurge a huge amount of money except for her England trip!” -Benakribo
That’s my brother who (I think) is tired of lending me gadgets cause I never willing to spend so much on things. Well, except last year for my England trip. I am that kid who goes ‘poorly’ happy spending money saved for years, just to get to fly to the place I love. Beyond happy, I was!
“She dresses up in red and blue most of the times!” -Natasha
Red and blue for me is like banana and chocolate. They belong to each other!
“She’s one full-of-surprises girlfriend! Her favorite football club has always been Liverpool, while my favorite footballer has always been Giggs. One day during her trip, she sent me this picture.” -Adirama
Girlfriend gotta do what a girlfriend gotta do!
“One of her bucket list in life has always been visiting England!” -Nadya Tasya
Sooooo true! Visiting the most inspiring country (in terms of art, music, and people) like England has always been a dream to me until last year I finally get that dream came true. Two weeks of being a Londoner was not enough for a true London fan like myself. It was during cold days when I went there, so I have to always wear coats and 5 layer of clothes. People told me it’s more than enough to go around the country in 2 weeks, but heyyyy!, England is HUGE! I still got a list of places I need to go if I ever fly there again one day. The list of places includes:
1. West End Theatre. I just had to go to one of their playing. So many great British actors playing in this theatre. Awww! Can’t imagine seeing Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Rupert Grint live in person! <3 <3
2. The Beatles Museum in Liverpool. I went there but it was raining and the queue was super long, and I was on my way to Beatles’ Childhood homes. So I passed the museum, wishing that one day I could go back there and explore! >.<
3. Greenwich. Where the Avengers scenes took place.
4. Chris Martin’s house. This is a secret mission. I googled his home address, and planning to crash his house like what The Bling Ring gang does. Ssstttt!
5. Have a short course in University of the Arts London. I’ve been longing to take their 2-days Retail Business class. I currently saving for it, hoping I could take a class soon!
6. Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant. Any one.
7. Manchester! If you love British guys you just have to go to Manchester. Oh I love British guys :p
8. Back to Edinburgh! For people who like quite places and just a city full of inspirations, this birth city of Harry Potter must catches your attention. The people, the castles, the surroundings.. I’m in love!
“Bintang is belong in England” -Riri
As much as I love Indonesia, I felt like I belong in England. England is my first love, the love of my life. I’ve been to places in the world, and there’s no place like England. It’s always been you, England. Always been.
Photo by Bintang Mahacakrie, Benazio Rizki, Angela Kurniawan, Atri Anggirani, M Adhietya